- Do you know why Arequipa is known as the "White City"?
- Discover it in this tour to a quarry of Sillar, the stone that gives the name to this beautiful city in southern Peru.
- Discover the beautiful city of Arequipa and its main attractions.
- Enjoy your people and your nice food.
- Natural Areas Visits (Included)
- Cultural visits (Included)
- Guided visits (Included)
- Pick up at Hotel in Arequipa.
- Always in the center of the city and prior coordination with the operator.
- For places outside those limits, you must coordinate with the Operator the feasibility of your pick-up or meeting point or additional cost.
- 8:00 am. Pick up from hotel or agreed meeting point.
- We head towards Las Canteras de Añashuayco in the Cerro Colorado district. There work about 500 stonemasons, including men up to 80 years old and young people who inherit the family tradition, people who day by day with their combo and chisel and held by a rope, extract the ashlar. Nowadays, these quarries are also in a tourist circuit that shows the natural landscape and the living culture.
- Arequipa is known as the "White City" because of the houses, monuments and temples built on the basis of sillar. This led to UNESCO declaring this beautiful city as "Cultural Heritage of Humanity" in the year 2000.
- In the gorge of Cutters, the frontis of the church of the Company of Jesus is shown.
- The process for the elaboration of sillar is explained, the beginning of the cut of the ignimbrite or also known as "Piedra Volcánica Blanca", with the explanation of each step with a master stonemason.
- Guided (in Spanish).
- Income to the quarry - S / .5.00
- Snacks and drinks during the tour.
- Gifts, souvenirs.
- Tips for service (optional, voluntary).
- It is recommended to bring: Clothing suitable for walking, mosquito repellent, sunglasses and sunscreen, water (we will make short walks) and a small backpack.
- The tours described in the itinerary can be provided in Shared Mode.
- The tours and activities carried out by this Operator have a low level of risk and difficulty and provide the necessary security.
- Any material loss or accident is under the responsibility of the client.
- Service is subject to variation without prior notice, due to weather issues (rain, mudslides, overflows, etc.), strikes and / or demonstrations and any other event that does not allow the normal development of the itinerary.
- Any cancellation of the service for the indicated reasons, does not apply return.
- In this case, the Operator could carry out a contingency plan with an alternative tour.
- The Itinerary may vary at the discretion of the operator, always to ensure the safety of the traveler and the best development of the service in its entirety.
- If you decide to withdraw before the end of the service, there will be no refund for it.
- If you bring or buy snacks during the tours, preferably light (dry fruits, cookies and water).
- If you do not attend the service day, it will be considered as "Done" without any Claims, Delays or Returns.
- The seats in the transfer mobility are not reserved, they are taken according to the order of arrival / pick-up.
Arequipa Unforgettable - 4d / 3n - Arequipa
Activities: Natural Areas Visits, Cultural visits, Guided visits
Campiña Arequipeña in Panoramic Service - Arequipa
Activities: Cultural visits, Guided visits, Historical visits
National Reserve Tour of Salinas and Aguada Blanca - Arequipa
Activities: Bird watching, Flora, wildlife observation, Natural Areas Visits
Arequipa Classic Full - 4d / 3n - Arequipa
Activities: Turistic bus, panoramic, Bird watching, Natural Areas Visits
Tour through Sillar Route, the Origin of Arequipa - Arequipa
Activities: Cultural visits, Guided visits
City Tour and Lookouts - Arequipa - Arequipa
Activities: Museums, monuments, Natural Areas Visits, Guided visits
Full Day to the Colca Valley. - Arequipa
Activities: Climbing, mountaineering, Purchase of handicrafts, Thermalism