DescriptionTo reach the Mantaro Valley, at 3,200 masl, we will travel along the Central Highway from Lima, cross the high mountains of the Andes until we see the valley with an incomparable mountain landscape.
- The first capital of Peru, JAUJA, was founded here. Due to its distance from the sea, the political, social and economic center of the viceroyalty was moved to Lima.
- The Mantaro Valley has an immense archaeological wealth that reflects the importance of its population centers during the pre-Inca and Inca times.
- Currently the hotel offer is wide and varied which guarantees a good stay to enjoy field days or practice various sports such as hiking, motorsport and mountain biking.
- Guided visits (Included)
- Historical visits (Included)
- Huancayo: Plaza Huamanmarca, in front of the Turismo hotel.
- You can also be picked up from the hotel where you are staying, provided that it is within the Monumental Zone of Huancayo (Centro) and in the low season.
Full Day - Tourist Circuit Valle del Mantaro
- Start: 10:30 a.m.
- Departure from Huancayo.
- Hualhuas: Craft workshops and textiles.
- San Jerónimo de Tunan: Craft workshops of the gold and silver process.
- Conception: Milk plant, purchase of dairy products.
- Jauja: Laguna de Paca, boat ride.
- Ingenio: Fish center, trout observation and explanation about the biological cycle of the trout.
- Santa Rosa de Ocopa: The monastery has a museum made up of 4 cloisters; La Obrería (the statue of its founder), La Portería (pictures of the Huamanguina school with representation of the Via Crucis), Cloister of Father Pio Sarobe and Olivó (in the center of the courtyard there is an olive tree planted by its founder over 270 years).
- It has a pinacoteca and library with more than 25 thousand volumes of books and a Museum of natural history with species of the jungle. Its dining room has murals painted by the artist Huancaíno Josué Sánchez in 1993 and at the same time it has a church of the year 1725 of Renaissance style, declared a national patrimony.
- Inside, there are baroque altarpieces, the cupola decorated with allegories of Christ, the Virgin and the missionary work of Ocopa.
- Note: The museum visit time is from 9:00 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. and from 3:00 p.m. to 5:15 p.m., every day except Tuesday.
- Return to Huancayo.
- End: 7:00 p.m.
- Tourist Mobility (Pool Service - shared).
- Tourism Guide in Spanish.
- Boat ride - Laguna de Paca.
- Piscicultural Farm Entrance - El Ingenio.
- Entrance to the Museum - Santa Rosa de Ocopa Convent.
- Personal expenses.
- Children from 0 - 4 years old, do not pay. Children from 5 years old, pay as an adult.
- Service is subject to variation without prior notice, due to weather issues (rain, mudslides, overflows, etc.), strikes and / or demonstrations and any other event that does not allow the normal development of the itinerary.
- Any cancellation of the service for the indicated reasons, does not apply return.
- The Itinerary may vary at the discretion of the operator, always to ensure the safety of the traveler and the best development of the service in its entirety.
2d / 1n - las Reinas + Oxapampa (Central Selva) - Junín
Activities: Hike, trekking, Natural Areas Visits, Cultural visits
4d / 3n - Central Forest (Coffee Route) - Junín
Activities: Hike, trekking, Wine tasting, Cultural visits
Full Day - Nevado Huaytapallana - Junín
Activities: Hike, trekking, Natural Areas Visits, Guided visits
Full Day - Tunanmarca "Archaeological Capital of the Huancas" - Junín
Activities: Archaeological visits, Guided visits
2d / 1n Nevado Huaytapallana + Central Selva - Junín
Activities: Hike, trekking, Natural Areas Visits
Full Day - Thermal Baths of Llocllapampa - Junín
Activities: Natural Areas Visits, Thermalism, Cultural visits
Trekking to the "Golden Forest of the Incas" - Junín
Activities: Hike, trekking, Archaeological visits, Cultural visits