- The Colca Valley is a colorful Andean valley with towns founded in Spanish Colonial times and formerly inhabited by the Collaguas and the Cabanas.
- The local people still maintain ancestral traditions and continue to cultivate the pre-Inca stepped terraces. The Colca River valley and Colca Canyon are one of the most extraordinary destinations in the country.
- You can enjoy a 3 day tour, seeing the nice flight of the Condors and enjoying the great Hot Springs and the local culture. Do not hesitate, the trek is of moderate difficulty.
- Hike, trekking (Included)
- Guided visits (Included)
- Transfer from your hotel in the historic center of Arequipa.
Colca Canyon (L, D)
- We will depart at 7:00 am from Arequipa, driving 160 km to the town of Chivay, capital of the Province of Caylloma.
- At the beginning of our excursion we will enjoy the majestic views of the Misti, Chachani and PichuPichu volcanoes before approaching the National Reserve of “Pampa Cañahuas”, where our transportation will make a short stop to observe the wild Vicuñas (one of the 4 types of American camels) in its natural habitat. At this point we will be about 3,400 meters above sea level. Moving on we will arrive to “Pata Wasi” (Pata=high Wasi=home), an Andean community at the opposite border of the reserve.
- Here you might enjoy the natural formation of rocks and the view to the backside of the Misti and Chachani volcanoes. To prevent altitude sickness we will have an original Andean “Mate de Coca” drink or another hot drink in a rustic restaurant on the road (service of bathrooms are here available).
- Continuing on the road we will pass “Tocra”, a high plain at more than 4,500 meters, where we will observe lakes with migrant birds and get pictures of the “Antiplano” with its Llamas and Guanacos. The highest point of our tour will be “Pata Pampa” (Pata=high, Pampa=land) located at 4,820 meters, where we’ll observe the volcanoes Ampato, Sabancaya, Hualca-Hualca, Mismi (the source of the Amazon River), and the “Cordillera de Chila”.
- When we are getting close to the town of Chivay (3,651 meters) we will start to wonder at the spectacular multicolor view of the terraces of the Colca valley. Around 12:00 hrs. We will be in Chivay to have lunch, after the lunch we continue to Cabanaconde 3287 m. (located one and half hrs. from Chivay), arriving around 14:30 Hrs. from this place we will start the trekking adventure walking inside the canyon.
- This first day, we will walk down to San Juan de Chuccho 2,600 m. the hike take like 3 ½ hrs. In this place we will have the dinner and spend the first night in basic lodgment (cabins).
Colca Canyon (B, L, D)
- Breakfast in San Juan de Chuccho. Today the hike will take more from us; walking up and down to Cosñirgua 2750 m., Malata 2450 m. and Sangalle 2160 m.
- This day the hike through the canyon will take around 5 hours.
- In Sangalle we will have lunch and then we can enjoy the natural and basic pool of the lodgment.
- Basic dinner and lodgment (the lodgment is similar to San Juan de Chuccho “very basic”).
Colca Canyon (B)
- This day we need to wake up very early to start the trek climbing up until Cabanaconde town.
- The trek starts at 3:30 hrs. in order to avoid hiking under the hard morning sun.
- We will be in Cabanaconde for breakfast and there we’ll meet our private transport and driver again.
- After breakfast we keep forward to Chivay town visiting on the route different view points such as the Condor Cross and the towns of Pinchollo and Maca. We’ll be in Chivay around midday.
- Lunch in Chivay (not included in program) Around 13:00 hrs.
- We’ll assist you with the connection to your transfer to Puno / Arequipa.
- Accommodation in cabins (basic lodgment)
- All services and transfers detailed in the program
- Local English speaking guide
- All meals specified in the program (B: Breakfast L: lunch D: dinner)
- Excursions and activities as per the program
- Permanent English assistance by our Operations Department
- International and local airfare
- Airport tax
- Meals and services not detailed in the program
- Tips for guides
- Personal expenses
- Optional excursions
- Price per person (2 people in double / twin room).
- The price is subject to availability and actual airfare cost.
- Difficulty level of this tour – average.
- You will be staying at high altitudes (4,000 meters above the sea level).
Other Alojamiento en cabañas (alojamiento básico).
- Accommodation in cabins (basic lodgment).
Rio Chili Rafting Tour (Boating) - Arequipa
Activities: Water activities, Rafting, Natural Areas Visits
From Chivay to Puno - Tourist Bus - Arequipa
Activities: Flora, wildlife observation, Natural Areas Visits, Guided visits
Tour Arequipa - Countryside and City by Tourist Bus - Arequipa
Activities: Turistic bus, panoramic, Guided visits, Historical visits
Arequipa Unforgettable: Sillar Route + Rafting - 3d / 2n - Arequipa
Activities: Rafting, Flora, wildlife observation, Guided visits
Full Day- Tour in the Arequipeña countryside by Mirabus - Arequipa
Activities: Turistic bus, panoramic, Natural Areas Visits, Guided visits