3d / 2n - Travel by Train from Lima to Huancayo
DescriptionMeet the Sierra and Central Selva, the majestic Mantaro Valley, Huancayo and its surroundings aboard the Central Andean Railway.
- Relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery on the way to Huancayo.
- On the trip we will cross 69 tunnels, 58 bridges and 6 zigzags.
- We will enter the galley tunnel where the second highest railway point in the world is located at 4,782 meters above sea level.
- Flora, wildlife observation (Included)
- Boat Rides (Included)
- Routes in other vehicles (Included)
- Lima: Desamparados Station (Jr. Ancash 207 Cercado de Lima).
- Departure 7:00 am. (Check in: 6:00 a.m. - 6:50 a.m.)
- Confirmed departures 2019:
- >> August: 30 // September: 20.
Travel by Train from Lima to Huancayo
- 7:00 am Departure from the station of Desamparados de Lima to the city of Huancayo.
- We will pass by the highest railway station in the world (Galera 4,781 masl) and we will arrive at the Mantaro Valley.
- During our journey from the coast to the mountains we will climb the Andes mountain range in 10 and a half hours through 69 tunnels, 58 bridges and 6 zigzags whose design and construction began in 1870 and ended in the city of Huancayo in 1908.
- During the tour there will be 3 stops: San Bartolomé, Galera and La Oroya.
- 8:00 p.m. Arrival to the Huancayo station (approx. Hour)
- Reception, transfer and installation in hotel in Huancayo.
Full Day - Valle del Mantaro
- 10:30 am Departure from Huancayo (Plaza Huamanmarca, in front of the Turismo hotel).
- Hualhuas: craft workshops and textiles.
- San Jerónimo de Tunan: Craft workshops of the gold and silver process.
- Conception: Milk plant. Purchase dairy products.
- Jauja: Laguna de Paca. Boat ride (Optional: Not included).
- Ingenio: Fish center. Trout observation and explanation about its biological cycle.
- Santa Rosa de Ocopa: The monastery has a museum made up of 4 cloisters; La Obrería (the statue of its founder), La Portería (pictures of the Huamanguina school with representation of the Via Crucis), Cloister of Padre Pio Sarobe and of the Olive Tree (in the center of the courtyard there is an olive tree planted by its founder of more than 270 years).
- It has a pinacoteca and library with more than 25 thousand volumes of books and a Museum of natural history with species of the jungle. Its dining room has murals painted by the artist Huancaíno Josué Sánchez in 1993 and at the same time it has a church of the year 1725 of Renaissance style, declared a national patrimony.
- Inside are Baroque altarpieces, the dome decorated with allegories of Christ, the Virgin and the missionary work of Ocopa.
- Note: The museum visit hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. and from 3:00 a.m. to 5:15 p.m., every day except Tuesdays.
- 7:00 pm Return to Huancayo (Plaza Huamanmarca, in front of the Turismo hotel).
Travel by Train from Huancayo to Lima
- 6:00 am Transfer from the hotel to the train station.
- 7:00 am Departure from the Huancayo station for the return trip to its place of origin.
- 8:00 pm Arrival at the Desamparados de Lima station (approx. Hour)
- End of our services.
- Train Ticket in Tourist Cars: Lima - Huancayo - Lima.
- Tourist Cars: Panoramic - Reclining seats - Breakfast and lunch included - Air conditioning - Tourist information - Literary wagon - Professional nurse - Bar - Mirador - Pisco Sour courtesy - Tourist information - Safe - Folkloric presentations - Crazy Hour.
- Transfers: Train Station - Hotel - Train Station.
- 1 day of excursion: According to the itinerary.
- 2 nights accommodation.
- Tourist Transport: Shared Service.
- Tourism Guide: In Spanish.
- Entrance Tickets: Boat ride in Paca Lagoon - El Ingenio Fish Center - Convent of Santa Rosa de Ocopa.
- Permanent assistance throughout the program.
- Personal expenses.
- Gifts, souvenirs
- Tips for service (optional).
- Snacks and drinks during the tours.
- CHILDREN: Up to 2 years old, they do not pay. From 3 years old, they pay as an adult.
- Tours are subject to change without prior notice, due to weather issues (rain, mudslides, overflows, etc.), strikes and / or demonstrations and any other event that does not allow the normal development of the itinerary.
- Any cancellation of the service for the indicated reasons, does not apply return.
- In this case, the Operator could carry out a contingency plan with an alternative tour.
- The Itinerary may vary at the discretion of the operator, always to ensure the safety of the traveler and the best development of the service in its entirety.
- If you decide to withdraw before the end of the service, there will be no refund for it.
- The trip will last approximately 14 hours.
- To enter the station you must carry your full ticket.
- Being at the station 30 minutes before the departure time of the Train, in case of losing the Train there is no refund of the Travel Ticket and / or Tourist Package. Only passengers will be allowed access to the Lima and Huancayo Stations until 10 minutes before the departure time of the train.
- The company reserves the right to suspend the service in case of adverse weather conditions, social disorders or serious damage to the railway, in order to safeguard the physical integrity of passengers, and the passenger may travel at a later date.
- There is no refund of the ticket, it can only be transferred to another passenger or postpone the date of travel, for a single time within the current year, with an anticipation no less than 24 hours before the day and time of departure from Lima, by means of a communication to the company, upon payment of a penalty of 20% of the value of the tour package.
- It is forbidden for passengers to get on or off moving trains, open car doors or put their physical integrity at risk during the trip, otherwise the passenger will be removed from the Train.
- Respect the seat number and car number corresponding to your ticket.
- The company reserves the right to reassign the seats in the Huancayo-Lima section of the same class, if necessary.
- In the case of minors traveling without their parents' company, the respective notarial permits must be exhibited to board the train.
- The ambulatory sale within the Train is prohibited.
- Animals are not allowed in passenger cars.
- No entry will be allowed to people in a drunken state, or to passengers whose attitude alters order or disturbs others.
- The passengers will only be able to carry within the Train a small luggage, suitcases or packages that do not exceed 20 kgs. of weight as a whole and for no reason the luggage will be placed in the passageways. In the case of requiring 1 or 2 seats to place your luggage you must pay the cost of these.
- Passengers who do not comply with the provisions of the service or do not respect the observations of authorized personnel will be removed from the Train.
- The passenger has the obligation to respect the other provisions indicated by the Company.
- Passengers under 5 years old and over 60 years of age must present a Medical Certificate of good health in order to travel. In the event that passengers suffer from a pre-existing illness, the company will have no responsibility in this regard.
Hotel 2 star Gran Hotel Sicaya, Hotel Shelter, Casa Hotel Huancayo o Similares.
- The accommodations are located in the city of Huancayo.
- They have single, double, double and triple rooms. Equipped with private bathroom, alternating hot and cold water shower, toilet, flat screen TV, cable channels, wardrobe and / or clothes rack, towels, hotel soap, toilet paper and Wi-Fi. 24 hours reception. Check in - Check out: 12 noon.
- Accommodation in the aforementioned establishments is subject to the availability of rooms for the date of your trip. Otherwise, you will be lodged in an establishment of similar category and service.
2d / 1n Huancayo + Archeology - Junín
Activities: Hike, trekking, Natural Areas Visits, Archaeological visits
Trekking to the "Golden Forest of the Incas" - Junín
Activities: Hike, trekking, Archaeological visits, Cultural visits
9d / 8n - Sierra and Enigmatic Central Jungle - Junín
Activities: Hike, trekking, Flora, wildlife observation, Natural Areas Visits